I am really thrilled when I am writing this entry as this is the last entry to this blog for the year 2014. This year contains lots of ups and down and many changes have been made this year. Looking at my blog entry that I have made in December 2013 where I detailed out some of the goals that I would like to achieve in year 2014.
Let’s start off with some of the highlights of the year.
So, how much have I moved around this year?
January – Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam – Leisure
March – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – System Center Universe APAC 2014
September – Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam – Business
October – Hong Kong – Leisure
November – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia – Business
December – Lombok, Indonesia – Leisure
This year is all about the region and hopefully in the following year, I will get to travel more within the APAC region for Leisure and Business purposes.
In November, I made a big switch in my career to focus on Enterprise Mobility where I joined AirWatch by VMware as an Application Support Engineer covering the ASEAN region. Is it goodbye to SharePoint? Well, yes or no. It is because as much as I am interfacing with my clients, I do see a lot of integration between various Enterprise Repositories and the AirWatch platform.
Thank you Dimension Data for the good three years of time!
So… In year 2014, I am involved with…
- PowerShell Saturday (Singapore) – February, May, August & December – 4 face-to-face sessions
- PoSHBreakfast aka PowerBreakfast – May, June, July, August, October, November & December – 7 sessions delivered over Lync
- Community Technology Update (CTU) – November – 1 day face-to-face all day event
- Entries to my Blog
- Technical Reviewers for PacktPub
- Managed a team of three Software Developers & System Engineers
- Deep dived into many Technical aspect of stuffs in AirWatch.
- Soft skill gained when meddling with Enterprise Customers.
- Gained experience in Product Management
So what’s the expectation in Year 2015? Let’s keep it simple.
- Be the trusted Enterprise Mobility Expert in APAC
- Raise awareness about PowerShell and Enterprise Mobility across APAC
- Gather more speaking engagement during PowerShell Saturday and PoSHBreakfast
- Help more customers to achieve readiness and achieve better ROI with their Enterprise Mobility Deployment.
- Engage in more Product Management activities
- Provide more consultancy to Small-Medium Enterprise (SME)
- Sharing knowledge with people.